Monday, March 7, 2011

My day of awesomeness

Woke up on Sunday stolked - was feeling fantastic, which made me excited for the day's adventure.

Started out with a few cups of Intelligentsia Black Cat... YUM! and a little wired

Got offered a lift to start my ride in Thousand Oaks, which meant more time exploring places I'd never been - and in a convertible!  Thanks Craig and Linda!

Climbed from Thousand Oaks into the mountains towards Encinal Canyon Rd. 
Followed this sign:

Climbed some more, which started to raise some red flags - but it's the mountains, so sometimes that happens.

Ended up on a busy road, and then saw a sign for Latigo Canyon, which is the opposite direction of where I'd meant to go.  Turned around.  (Jeremy - I know you're cringing right now - but the important thing is I survived :)

On the way back down, I saw the road sign from a new direction - should have gone straight, not left.  Woops!

Some solid time spent climbing and getting a little lost did not go undrewarded:

Hit PCH.  The wind was blowing really strong right from the direction of home.

Stopped at Neptune's Net to top up my water bottles and take in the scene of the most motorcycles I've ever seen in my life - most  were parked across the street from the picture above.

Battled the wind for almost 2 hours, but with good energy and spirits.  Riding through the farm fields back through town started to get tough, but then this song came on, which I can never help but sing loudly along with and raised my spirits back up.

Then, celebrated with a Jamba Juice.

Finished the day off with a huge and tasty dinner made with MattP - whose new website looks great by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment