Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dear old dad's in the French Alps somewhere... I hear they have great snow there.

Eventually I may have to become a more solid citizen again, I'm aware of this. But not yet... please.  Not just yet.  ~ E. Gilbert


My time in California ended just in time for my annual visit to see my mom in B.C.  AKA March Break.  AKA why go home, there's no work anyways.  So, I flew straight to Kamloops and up the road to Sun Peaks resort.  It's all a bit decadent really: one day I am doing my favourite summer sport in California and the next I'm skiing in fresh powder.  It's making the transition back to winter enjoyable.



My mom just moved here from Panorama, B.C. and while I miss the friends I've made there over the years dearly, the snow here is fantastic. If I had to choose between good people and snow, good people would win every time.  But, that is the beauty of travelling.  Good people live all over the world.  I met some locals today who showed me their secret stashes of snow.

But, truth be told I am here to visit my mom, not really to ski.  Although she's become quite good and my legs are sore keeping up.

1 comment: