Saturday, February 12, 2011

This time I won't forget my shorts....

Jeremy leaves on Sunday for some well deserved sunshine in California.  And, before you go feeling sorry for me, I follow him down there next Saturday and am staying on for 3 weeks!

I've decided to put all responsibility on hold for a while... not that I have much.  I've been teaching contracts off and on for 4 years in high schools around Barrie and Orillia and inbetween have been a supply teacher.  Think back to your days as a youth when a SUPPLY TEACHER would walk into your classroom.  NOW feel sorry for me.

So for 3 weeks, this supply teacher is taking some time off.  WHAT? the summer holidays aren't enough.  Well, they probably should be, but it is time to put some perspective into my life and what better way than logging some hours on my beloved bicycles and some time on the beach in the sunshine.  I've been taking an online course in Special Ed which started a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that a change in my career path from classroom teacher to Spec Ed fits my personality a little better.  I seem to be one of few people who want to work with students with learning disabilities (I spent most of last year working in the field), so I'm also hoping that it will help me find something more permanent on the job front when I return.

4 comments:

  1. Your used to Spec Ed because of the Monday night crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say, you live with one so whats working with one.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha... yes, that must be why I have a way with them :-)

    ReplyDelete