Thursday, September 8, 2011

Good things do come in small packages

It is September and my race season has really just begun.  Finally healthy, I am super excited to race my bike.  In my illness I lost 12 pounds and I joke that 6 pounds came from my left leg and the other 6 came from my right.  But, in all seriousness - I think at least a couple of pounds came off my calves, glutes and biceps :)

So, eager to race and test my new parasite-free fitness I have done a few Wednesday night races at Hardwood. The series came to a close all too soon last week, so Jeremy and I decided to venture down to the King trails for their weekly series.



The race has a real small town feel.  After chatting with Matt P and Sean, who create a unique course each week through fast and fun flowy single track with at least one hill to remind you that you need to ride hills more often, we were soon swept up by one of the regular racers who took us on a tour of the trail.

The race went off at 6:45pm and I got lined up next to a decent sized field of women.  They ranged in experience from beginner to fast and I soon realized I would have to work to have a decent race.  After two laps of the course, I crossed the line in 4th.  In true small town fashion, Jeremy and I were embraced by our new comrades and spent a good 45 minutes after the race chatting.

We'll be back there for the last race of their season next week.  Promises of a post-ride trip to the pub, draw prizes, fun trails and great folks... looking forward to it!  You should come too.  Directions and info at: www.kingweeklyseries.com

4 comments:

  1. Theres one more!!!! sick, carpool ill steal the Van.... unless your too cool to ride in a minivan

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the van! i'll add it to the list of reasons i'm stoked to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rachel! Me too :) Are you going to be at Provincials this weekend? If so, see ya there!!

    ReplyDelete