Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saturday

It's Saturday morning and I'm trying to harness my inner chi when the Yoga Intructor walks into the class.  She is small, but powerful looking - almost in a cute way with short blonde hair and a friendly looking smile.  Or, cute is what I thought until she starts talking about a race she's entering that involves jumping through hoops of fire.  Today's class won't be easy.

I should be out at Hardwood preriding the Canada Cup course, but my GI system seems to have different plans for me this month.  I woke up on Saturday and decided this weekend needed to be about fun off the bike and trying to find some positives in my forced time off. I also needed to get away from the computer and stop googling all of my symptoms, because nothing good comes out of that except waking up in the night worrying about the worst.

The instructor clasps her hands together in glee, 'aren't Saturday's the best'?  I smile in agreement.  Who could disagree?  I woke up this morning early - I'm not very good at sleeping in, enjoyed coffee out of a real mug, hung out with my husband and now here I am about to enjoy some yoga on a stormy morning with a beautiful view of Kempenfelt Bay.

Sunday, I woke up feeling pretty good after an interesting session Saturday afternoon with a doctor of Chinese Medicine.  I also woke up starving - the first sign of any sort of appetite in about two weeks.  After a good breakfast, Jer and I headed out to the auto show at Burl's Creek.  Not usually my thing, but it was super fun and I definitely got pretty excited about seeing some of the old cars.  I tried to convince Jer that we needed to buy a '77 Corvette, but I think he has other plans.

From there we headed off to Hardwood as Super Spectators.  I had a blast cheering on the riders with Meaghan, Eden, Charlotte and Jeremy, got to catch up with Hannah who has defected to the Nation of Quebec and truly enjoy the afternoon without the usual prerace jitters.

While I had a blast this weekend - I am really looking forward to getting back out there on the bike.  I just haven't found anything I find more fun.  But, it really doesn't matter what you're getting up to, you've gotta just love Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment