Friday, April 22, 2011

Christmas in April

Some time in January my brand new Trek Top Fuel 9.8 WSD arrived.  And it quickly took up residence in a quiet corner of the Store's basement.  The plus side of being married to Trek Barrie's store manager is the beauty Top Fuel 9.8 that I've been privileged to ride for the last 3 seasons.  The down side - my bikes get neglected until there is time around the shop to build them, which wasn't until the middle of last week.

Now, I know... you feel so sorry for me - whahhhh!!!!  I can hear all of your little violins.  Okay.  I'll stop whining.

The new bike is AMAZING!  Here's a picture:  be JEALOUS :)

Got it out for a ride last week.  Changes over last year include further weight reductions, stronger carbon designed for mountain bikers, front and rear shock lockouts conveniently located on the handlebar.  Best part of the bike is still the ABP technology, which stands for Active Braking Pivot.  While most rear shocks stiffen up when braking, ABP remains active - so on descents, when you need your rear shocks and brakes to work at the same time... they do.

Also, it's pretty.  Which is important.  Stolked to get it out on it's first race next weekend :)

1 comment: